OpenVPN is a leading global private networking and cybersecurity company that allows organizations to truly safeguard their assets in a dynamic, cost effective, and scalable way.
OpenVPN is seeking Mid DevOps Engineers to provide infrastructure architecture and DevOps engineering support to our teams and customers.
- Help manage and build our current infrastructure as well as plan infrastructure for future growth and products.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and support continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy to development, testing, and production environments.
- Create highly robust infrastructure architectures with systems that support development of enterprise-class applications and services with high performance, availability, and scalability needs
- Ensure DevOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities
- Work with new software, hardware, and various technologies.
- Be in constant communication with operations teams and dev teams.
- Coach, mentor, and proactively support other team members.
recent years as a software developer and/or as a DevOps engineer, in a role responsible for planning, designing, and implementation of high-volume software development infrastructure growth
- Background in Linux Administration
- Experience in Networking, TCP/IP, OSI model, VPN technology
- Working understanding of Java, Python, PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, Restful API’s
- BASH and Perl scripting skills
- Strong knowledge in web server technologies, specifically nginx
- Experience in working with Bare Metal Servers, VMS, and Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Experience in container orchestration and deployment (Docker, AWS ECS or Faregate, Kubernetes or EKS, Git or Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Ability to use a wide variety of Open Source tools
- Knowledge in Authentication tools (LDAP, FreeIPA, Radius, Duo etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can take initiatives on their own and work independently
- Self-starter, easy to get along with, organized
- Database skills
- Knowledge in AWS