Digital Marketing Specialist
OpenVPN is seeking a full time Digital Ads Expert and Marketing Specialist. This person will lead and execute our paid advertising programs. The ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about online advertising, has a proven track-record of success and has a desire to drive results that truly impact the company’s performance. This position’s focus will be to increase revenue, ROI and customer acquisition for all online advertising programs. The position will help to determine strategy, execute agreed upon strategies and report on results to determine future strategies.
- Grow revenue, ROI and customer acquisition for PPC ads, shopping ads, display ads, and all other online paid advertising campaigns.
- Work with brand leaders to identify business goals and develop brand-specific paid search objectives, strategies, and goals. Execute campaigns that achieve those goals.
- Work w/ product experts and brand managers to ensure ads reflect the proper messaging, voice and product expertise expected from our customers.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends in online advertising.
- Monitor day-to-day results for all paid marketing programs. Make any necessary changes to campaigns to meet daily/weekly/monthly goals.
- Manage 3rd party agency resources/relationships. Ensure outside resources are efficient and value-added.
- Collect, synthesize and analyze campaign performance data and provide actionable insights that drive business results and growth opportunities.
- Create clear, executive-level reporting that provides clarity into the performance of online campaigns.
- Achieve results within given budget.
- General research
- Attending digital marketing events to be up to date on the most cutting edge marketing tactics and strategies in the marketplace
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of channel activities
- Communicate and collaborate with team members both inside and outside of the digital marketing department, including third-party media partners and publishers.
- Identify and implement effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Hands on, persistent, and passionate attitude about making software that is elegant, effective, and simple.
- Research, digest, and develop plans to implement new industry trends.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by peers and management.
- Entrepreneurial “test & learn” mindset with track record of innovation; ability to move & pivot quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 2+ years of direct, dedicated experience with successful SEM campaign. management and optimization. History of growth and success.
- Proven expertise in pay-per-click (PPC), shopping, display, and retargeting.
- Desire to learn about the latest news and trends.
- Proficient with Google and Bing platforms. Excellent knowledge of Google Ads and Google Analytics. Experience w/ bid management tools is a plus.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends and insights through data analysis.
- Proven history of being a strong decision maker with good problem-solving skills.
- Not afraid to roll-up your selves to drive results. Ability to drive results individually. A self-starter with the ability to identify what needs to be done and implement a solution.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate results, suggest next steps, and execute.
- Must be able to communicate through Slack, Airtable, Jira, Confluence, and Asana
- Weekly meetings required to stay updated
- Be proficient in English and content marketing
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Work in environment with international objectives
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally
- Be flexible and available to interact with customers occasionally online through social media platforms
- Be familiar with Google Docs/Drive