Email Marketing Specialist
OpenVPN is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist to implement targeted, multi-touch email campaigns, and create audiences and conditional workflows that will trigger these sends Sendgrid or InfusionSoft. You will work to create scalable processes that ensure best practices in lead generation and database management. You will drive strategy for getting the right emails into the right inboxes at the right time and improve open and click-through rates. You will help manage our lists, improve our data, implement A/B tests, and help develop a robust lead-gen model for customer acquisition.
- Manage, create, test, and deploy a variety of email campaigns and programs
- Help with audience segmentation, email customization, and campaign measurement
- Optimize A/B and multivariate tests
- Report on campaign results to the team
- Code mobile responsive HTML email templates
- Leverage data to inform decisions and uncover areas for optimization
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team, including campaign, content, brand, and product marketing
- Stay on top of email marketing best-practices and industry trends, bring ideas to the team and strive for continuous improvement and optimization
- Work directly with our Social Media and PR team
- Attending events to be up to date and further develop media relationships
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of channel activities
- Communicate and collaborate with team members both inside and outside of the digital marketing department, including third-party media partners and publishers.
- Identify and implement effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Hands on, persistent, and passionate attitude about making software that is elegant, effective, and simple.
- Research, digest, and develop plans to implement new industry trends.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by peers and management.
- 2+ years of experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and marketing analytics
- Mastery of HTML and CSS
- Extensive experience with responsive email coding and best practices
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices, email deliverability, CAN-SPAM
- Experience with A/B and multivariate tests a big plus
- Collaboration skills and ability to work well cross-functionally
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexibility to travel
- Quarterly visits to California offices
- Must be able to communicate through Slack, Airtable, Jira, Confluence, and Asana
- Weekly meetings required to stay updated
- Be proficient in English
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Work in environment with international objectives
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally
- Be flexible and available to interact with customers occasionally online through social media platforms
- Be familiar with Google Docs/Drive