Jr. DevOps Engineer/ Database
OpenVPN is a leading global private networking and cybersecurity company that allows organizations to truly safeguard their assets in a dynamic, cost effective, and scalable way.
OpenVPN is seeking Jr. to Mid DevOps Engineer (1-3 years) with some DBA experience to join our Data Warehouse team. In addition to the duties listed below the person in this position will be trained by senior members of the team in many of the support roles related to data warehouse operations.
(This job is remote but the candidate needs to be in US with work authorization)
- Integration of our monitoring and alert data into Prometheus / Opsgenie
- Migration of our data pipelines to Jenkins/puppet/terraform.
- Documenting existing procedures
- 1-3 years of experience with Prometheus / Opsgenie or similar systems
- 1-3 years of experience with Jira/Confluence tools
- 1-3 years of experience with Jenkins / puppet
- 1-3 years of experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- 1-3 years of experience with AWS operations and management
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux (via command line)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Bash or Perl or Python)
- Knowledge of one or more version control systems (SVN or Git)
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and methodologies
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation and writing skills
- Knowledge of table partitioning and database performance tuning
- Familiarity with one or more massively parallel processing databases (Teradata, Citusdata, etc.) or distributed query engines (Google Big Query, Apache Drill, Spark, etc.)
- Familiarity with JAVA
- Familiarity with Digital Ocean managements or GCP