Senior Application Developer
OpenVPN Inc is the Premier Open Source VPN technology in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Application Developer to build apps on Windows, OSX, iOS, Android and Linux, using Web based interfaces.
Join our team as we develop OpenVPN into a world-class VPN solution targeting multiple markets from consumer to small business to enterprise
- Webtool browser kits for various OS Environments (Webkit, V8, CEF)
- OS Programming Environments: Linux, Windows, Mac, and Mobile (iOS, Android) app development environment
VPN and network security experience
Networking, routing, and security
- Web Services (XML-RPC, REST)
- App UI design skills, on both desktop and mobile
- The ideal candidate will possess the skills to develop powerful yet intuitive user interfaces to complex back-end APIs.
- Knowledge of VPN, networking, security, and cloud technologies is highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS
- We need a developer who is able to work with a high degree of autonomy (i.e. able to work and be innovative given general goals, with minimal supervision needed). Documentation skills are required – all work has to be properly documented for the rest of the team.
- The ability to design usable, attractive user interfaces is needed (most of the work is on our client-facing interfaces).
- The developer has to be familiar with change management software such as SVN and Git and Jira for issue tracking and reporting.
- Networking and low-level TCP/IP experience is a must, most of the work will have to do with VPN, routing, NAT traversal, IP filtering and firewalls, etc. OpenVPN and general security/encryption experience would be preferable.
- Also, we need someone who is able to create and execute unit testing and initial QA on apps, including creation of test plans and setting up test environments for our QA engineers.