Senior Business Analyst (OpenVPN Connect)
OpenVPN is seeking a technical project manager to coordinate development activities related to the development of applications that are available on Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows operating systems. These applications are an integral part of our virtual networking products and solutions and are used to create a secure OpenVPN tunnel for data networking. Critical to success in this position would be a proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility, take ownership of the product, and drive it to success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Document user-application interaction and the various usage scenarios
- Take ownership of the project and drive the software development process through all stages of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Manage the specification, planning, progress, status updates, and delivery of the software product
- Lead SCRUM meetings
- 3+ experience as a business analyst in telecommunications and/or security domains
- Experience in managing scrum teams
- Experience in defining requirements for mobile (iOS and Android) and desktop (Windows, MacOS) applications
- Desirable to have experience in defining requirements for VPN applications
- Strong UX/UI experience is a plus
- Experience with User engagement and Agile methodology.
Required skills and knowledge
- Experience creating user stories and using Jira to manage sprints
- Experience writing technical documentation (functional and technical product specifications)
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- Good knowledge of networking, protocols, authentication, etc.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and can-do attitude, ability to multitask
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies, articulate customer insights, test, learn, and make clear analytical recommendations.
- Meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many priorities under tight timeframes.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Conceptualize improvements, translate ideas into actions, and communicate these to team members.
- Strong, effective communicator in both written and verbal.
- Self-directed but also collaborative to ideate new, creative concepts that solve and meet the needs of both users and the business.
- Have an editorial mindset and basic understanding of programming/coding and use cases.
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team, and we care deeply about you:
- Unlimited paid sick leaves;
- Paid vacation 18 working days off per year + national public holidays;
- Flexible working schedule, remote or work possible;
- Great modern office space in the city center (Lviv and Kyiv);
- Working directly with colleagues from Silicon Valley and around the world;
- Team trips, certification and events compensation, medical insurance, sports, etc.