Senior QA Automation Engineer for Networking Solutions
We are looking to hire a new senior member of our QA team who will be responsible for QA automation in Java for a range of new and existing products that we are currently developing.
As networking solutions is our company’s core business, a good working knowledge of networking technologies is a must. Even more important to your success in this position would be your proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility and take ownership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Write and maintain automated test cases for a wide range of products: mobile (Android/iOS), desktop (Windows/macOS), web, REST API, C++ library (OpenVPN core)
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure comprehensive test coverage and report on test execution progress and results
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization
- Automation expertise in Java — scripting, bash, Selenium, Appium, Postman, etc.
- Good knowledge of networking (protocols, routing, security etc.)
- Understanding of test design techniques, testing methods and types
- Experience creating and maintaining test documentation
- At least upper-intermediate English level, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication abilities
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of Python would be a strong plus
- Working experience with mobile and/or desktop automation
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (Jira), understanding of Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with Unix/Linux, command line comfort
- Virtualization — VM’s, ESXI
- Networking experience, knowledge of OSI model, NAT, firewalls
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean), ELB, clustering, high availability, RDS database
- Knowledge of authentication protocols (PAM, LDAP, Local (sqlite db), AD) and security tools, understanding of SSL web certificate use and PKI