Senior Technical Writer
OpenVPN Inc is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Writer who is passionate about how users experience documentation. You’ll have the opportunity to be a trailblazer by creating workflows and best practices on how to use our technology.
As a Technical Writer for OpenVPN, you’ll be responsible for maintaining existing documentation and creating new documentation from scratch. This will require you to deploy our products and get to know every aspect of it.
You’ll be expected to collaborate with key stakeholders in marketing, and with product managers to deliver documentation that will help the small business owners and customers understand how to use OpenVPN’s products and services, and articulate what it’s capable of.
- Creating and identifying new product technical documentation needed for our users and customers
- Updating existing documentation for both user groups (new and existing customers)
- Installing and configuring our products and services in order to capture screenshots and step-by-step guides for documentation
- Regularly auditing content to ensure that the documentation is always up-to-date
- Producing screen capture videos and product administration manuals
- Maintaining documentation style guides, organization and categorization
- Conveying concepts and network connectivity using illustrations
- BA/BS or equivalent experience is required
- Passion for writing clear and detailed technical documentation
- Prior experience in authoring documents for a telecommunications or networking-related products with a demonstrable work portfolio
- Familiarity with network protocols and routing
- Experience using devices with a variety of operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Mac, Android and iOS
- Familiarity with IaaS providers and cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, Oracle
- Familiarity working with Confluence, Jira, and Wordpress.
- Minimum 3 years of proven technical writing experience with topic-based writing and delivering content to enable a rich and engaging learning experience for new users and current customers
- Video tutorial creation, and/or proficiency in developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator, Figma or Google slides)