Senior Web Developer
OpenVPN is a leading global private networking and cybersecurity company that allows organizations to truly safeguard their assets in a dynamic, cost effective, and scalable way.
OpenVPN is seeking for an experienced and passionate Sr. Web Developer to join our team! As a Web Developer at our company, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of latest industry trends and content management systems.
We’re looking for an efficient, thoughtful, and results-oriented developer along with your knowledgeable peers, you’ll create, support, and expand product innovation into the global VPN security market.
It will be a hands-on role. Bring your unique style to our team and get ready to work hard, discover, invent, innovate, simplify, build, and have fun. Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is as equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you
- Experience in creating user-facing features, maintaining large code bases, and engineering features with high scalability, security, and reliability
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost, and reliability requirements.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Good understanding of UI architecture and/or design, and UI development
- Good understanding of scalability, load-balancing, web security and other deployment concerns.
- Creating a clean and cutting-edge user interface that’s easy-to-use with a consistent user experience across various platforms.
- Estimating and planning the implementation of new product features and delivering on schedule.
- Leveraging adaptive-responsive layouts to deliver new and enhanced features to spec that work across a range of devices including PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
- Providing technical and thought leadership within your knowledge domain, and setting a precedent for operational excellence across the organization
- 3-5 years of WordPress development experience required
- Understanding of PHP development
- Experience with React and Bootstrap is a plus
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Git Bucket
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of backend APIs in Java
- Experience with detailed planning, organization, time management, and project management skills and taking ownership
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Hands on, persistent, and passionate attitude about making software that is elegant, effective, and simple