OpenVPN is seeking a Software Development Manager to run a small development team (2-4 devs and QA) to support the entire development life cycle for one of our products. Primary responsibilities will include:
Since networking solutions are our company's core business, excellent working knowledge of networking technologies is a must. Even more critical to success in this position would be a proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility, take ownership of the project, and drive it to success.
• At least 5 years experience leading software development projects (ideally using Java and React.js)
• experience working with CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Git, Jira/Confluence
• Experience writing technical documentation (functional and technical product specifications)
• Understanding of UX, UI, usability
• Familiarity with RESTful services
• Good knowledge of networking, protocols, authentication, etc.
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proactive and can-do attitude, ability to multitask
• Flexible schedule — the majority of other teams are based outside the US