Technical Pre-Sales Engineer
We are looking to hire a new member of our customer success team who will provide pre-sales support to our corporate clients. You will be responsible for communicating with the potential clients of Cloud VPN, our cutting-edge corporate VPN solution. Communication with the potential clients occurs primarily through messages in our online support ticket system, and providing fast and accurate responses that guide them to the best possible solution would be your main goal. This is a technical position and a good understanding of networking technologies is an absolute must.
The Technical Pre-Sales Engineer supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. Collaborates with sales, service, engineering and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
Responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market and/or channel supported. Reports on a dotted line to the sales manager or business line manager responsible for the sales team supported.
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a pre-sales engineer
- Product certification, engineering credential or equivalent technical credential
- Good understanding of networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Layer 3 etc.)
- Ability to use Wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience with various major cloud solutions like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure etc.
- Knowledge of SSH, .x509 PKI, HTTPS, VPN, Auth and MFA/2FA systems, for example, RADIUS, LDAP, AD, PAM, GAuth, Duo, YubiKey, RSA
- Understanding and interest in Linux-based OS’s (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, Debian, etc.), modern Windows and MacOS/OSX systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written