Technical Product Manager (Billing Systems)
OpenVPN is seeking a Software Development Manager to run a small development team (2-4 devs and QA) to support the entire development life cycle for one of our products. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the project and drive the software development process through all stages of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Manage the specification, planning, progress, status updates, and delivery of the software product
- Disseminate technical documentation to relevant teams and organize effective feedback cycles
- Work closely with stakeholders and other teams across the company to ensure everyone is on the same page
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization
- Work with DevOps to go live with the feature
- Lead SCRUM meetings
Since this person will be working on enhancing our billing functions, excellent working knowledge of payment gateways, credit card processing, and subscription billing is a must. Even more critical to success in this position would be a proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility, take ownership of the project, and drive it to success.
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team and we care deeply about you:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Fully remote work environments.
- Generous time off opportunities.
- Team trips and special events.
- A family-like work atmosphere.
- At least 2 years of proven experience as a Product Manager or a Product Owner on SaaS products of which at least 1 year involves working with the billing and charging aspects of the product.
- Understanding of billing models and key revenue metrics
- Experience writing technical documentation (functional and technical product specifications)
- Knowledge of payment/invoicing SaaS providers (for example, Chargebee, Authorize, Braintree) is desirable
- Experience creating user stories and using Jira to manage sprints
- Drive product metrics development to collect insights to make proper decisions about product development is desired
- Understanding of UX, UI, usability
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- Good knowledge of networking, protocols, authentication, etc.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and can-do attitude, ability to multitask
- Flexible schedule — ability to work across time zones