Technical Product Manager (SSO Project)
OpenVPN is seeking a Software Development Manager to run a small development team (2-4 devs and QA) to support one of our products' entire development life cycle.
Since this person will be working on the single sign-on infrastructure, excellent working knowledge of identity federation, SAML, OAuth, and JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) is a major advantage. Even more critical to success in this position would be a proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility, take ownership of the project, and drive it to success.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the project and drive the software development process through all stages of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Manage the specification, planning, progress, status updates, and delivery of the software product
- Disseminate technical documentation to relevant teams and organize effective feedback cycles
- Work closely with stakeholders and other teams across the company to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization
- Work with DevOps to go live with the feature
- Lead SCRUM meetings
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team, and we care deeply about you:
- Competitive pay rates.
- Fully remote work environments.
- Generous time off opportunities.
- Team trips and special events.
- A family-like work atmosphere.
- At least two years of proven experience as a Product Manager or a Product Owner on SaaS products
- Knowledge of signup and authentication (including single sign-on) concepts is a must. Understanding identity federation, SAML, OAuth, and JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) is a major plus.
- Experience writing technical documentation (functional and technical product specifications)
- Experience creating user stories and using Jira to manage sprints
- Understanding of UX, UI, usability
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive and can-do attitude, ability to multitask
It will be a plus:
- Drive product metrics development to collect insights to make proper decisions about product development
- Good knowledge of networking, protocols, authentication, etc.
OpenVPN offers flexible schedules, and full-time team members are free to set their own hours and adjust their schedules as their needs change. However, as a connected team, we also make sure to support each other by remaining available for collaboration and team meetings at key hours. These key hours are set strategically with each department head to ensure everyone has the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
The team has daily meetings at 15:30UA/12:30 UTC/5:30PT, and the mandatory window for team members to overlap is 14:00UA/11:00 UTC/4:00PT to 19:00UA/16:00 UTC/9:00 PT. Outside of those requirements, full-time team members are welcomed and encouraged to create schedules that allow the work-life balance they seek.