Technical Product Marketing Manager
By the nature of our products, OpenVPN believes in creativity, integrity and autonomy.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Marketing Manager who has the hunger to build our product marketing collateral from the ground up. You’ll be required to invent, collaborate and drive things from the start to finish line with a team of doers.
The market needs to hear the story about our products, and you are the person to tell it. You’ll be responsible for working cross functionally, unifying stakeholders in product, marketing, customer success and support to define and create: market and customer research about our target personas, buyer needs and purchasing decision process for our products, and key buyer roles.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies
- Create and write compelling technical use cases and customer stories to position our products in key target markets (IoT, private networks, public internet, cloud resources)
- Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers
- Develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against similar offerings from competitors
- Collaborate with sales enablement and produce a sales enablement plan
- Develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Drive product retention and up-sell/cross-sell strategies
- Conduct win/loss interviews and perform ongoing analysis to determine the level of customer product adoption and provide feedback to the product teams
- Create and deliver technical content that informs our customers and prospects of new features, including tech notes, solution guides, white papers, data sheets etc.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies and answer specific questions relative to the product area
- Help the sales team on customer calls to understand use cases, provide or demo solution to meet their use case, and assist with understanding and configuring the product to the best use of its capabilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required
- 8+ years in high-impact product marketing roles
- Ability to present and speak publicly
- Demonstrable experience in setting up lab environments for demo, training purposes, webinars and marketing videos
- Must have prior experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collateral, and presenting to customers
- Demonstrated experience gathering insights and assessing market opportunities through market, competitor and customer research
- Proven success in creating value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Able to drive process in a highly matrixed global organization
- Results-oriented with excellent analytical acumen
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-directed team player and leader with a positive attitude
- Strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong overall understanding of, and experience in, the key areas of marketing: product marketing, content marketing, marketing strategy, demand generation, digital marketing, response & lead management
- 8+ years preferred experience in technology or infrastructure hardware marketing with companies like Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google, HP, Microsoft, major Cloud service providers
- Demonstrable Cloud & Virtualization knowledge and understanding
- Experience with Client VPN & network security
- Experience with cloud delivered security services is a plus
- Experience working with large channel partners and MSPs is a plus.
- Deep Network Security experience (IPS/IDS, ZBFW, NGFW, DLP, RBI, etc.) is a plus